Over time in my hair journey, I have used various hair oils. I realized that some are thicker & heavier than others, some greasy, others non greasy. Some have the weirdest smell ever, while others smell heavenly. Amidst all of these, here are my top 5 selection of hair oils:
- Grape seed Oil: I totally love this oil. It is the number one on my list of hair oils. It is light and does not weigh down my hair. It is also odorless ans less greasy when compared to other oils.
- Coconut Oil: Since the day I made this oil myself at home, I have fallen in love with it. I use it most times as a pre-poo treatment. I also use it to detangle my hair. It also helps me to relieve dryness on my elbows.
- Jamaican Black Castor Oil: What would I do without this oil? It is my miracle oil for restoring my edges. It is quite thick and smells burnt. I also use it when the weather is cold to seal in moisture to my hair.
- Olive Oil: This is one oil I use sparingly but it is still one of my favorites. I use it the way I use my grape seed oil. I like the shine this oil gives to my hair.
- Shea Butter: It is also known as ‘Ori’. When I want to add a zest to my pre-poo session, I add some Ori to my hair. Because I do not really like the smell, I rarely use it as a sealant.
Share with friends