Whether your hair is relaxed or natural, you might have heard a lot about coconut oil. Lots of ladies swear by it as they use it for everything, from hair to skin to food & more. I can’t blame them, coconut oil is one of the healthiest oils on earth. Fact! So, if you have joined the train of coconut oil-loving ladies but not sure of how to make it, this post is for you! It is best to use matured coconuts as they yield the greater amount of oil when learning how to make unrefined coconut oil.
Pros of Making Coconut Oil yourself
- With so many adulterated coconut oils in the market, you trust the source when you make it yourself.
- You will have learned something new this year if you make it yourself too.
Cons of Making Coconut Oil yourself
- It is time-consuming. Don’t have the time, get yours HERE.
- It takes some physical strength too
Cloth sieve & a small sieve
A pot & cooking spoon
How to Make Unrefined Coconut Oil in your Kitchen
1. Crack the coconuts. Remove the husks carefully so you don’t get hurt.
2. Cut them into thin slices. Put them in small portions your blender with some water & blend till you have a fine paste.
3. Pour the blended content in the cloth sieve and squeeze out the coconut milk into a bowl. Add some water to the content in the sieve and squeeze again.
4. Cover the bowl for 16 hours so that the coconut oil can be separated from the water & the cream.
5. After 16 hours, the oil & cream would have risen to the top of the bowl, while the water will be at the bottom.
6. Harvest the cream & oil into the pot. Discard the water. On low heat, boil the cream & oil till it becomes dry.
7. When cool, pour the oil in a small sieve to separate it from the dried cream. Voila!
Have you tried to make coconut oil before, share your experiences.Share with friends